Family Action Council of Tennessee (“FACT”) is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide and entrust to us when using our websites. This online privacy statement describes how we treat all user data collected by FACT during your visit to our sites, both technical data that is automatically collected and voluntarily submitted data.
Who We Are
Our website address is: https://www.godgivenmarriage.com.
God-Given Marriage is an educational campaign run by the Family Action Council of Tennessee, Inc, a 501(c)4 non-profit organization in the state of Tennessee.
1113 Murfreesboro Rd, Ste 106-167
Franklin, TN 37064
Inquiries for more information can be sent to email@example.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect 2 types of user data: (1) technical data that is automatically collected from all visitors to the Family Action Council of Tennessee websites (“Automatically Collected Data”); and (2) data that you voluntarily submit to us (“Voluntarily Submitted Data”).
Automatically Collected Data
We automatically collect and store Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses and may know some information you have previously provided through cookies. (See the section on “Cookies” below for more information.) We also track the number and frequency of hits per page, as well as length of website visit, using IP addresses and/or session cookies. In addition, if you come to the FACT websites from a website link, we may also identify the source of that link.
Voluntarily Submitted Data
We may collect and store Voluntarily Submitted Data, including personal data, that you voluntarily provide, such as your name and postal address, phone number, e-mail address, and similar information, and transactional information, such as giving and action-taking history, when you participate in certain activities on the FACT websites, including (but not limited to) when you:
- make a contribution to support FACT, Alliance for Law and Liberty, Inc., and God-Given Marriage;
- sign up for our FACT and(or) God-Given Marriage email network;
- send correspondence, place a call, or inform us about a call to your government representative, or send correspondence to a friend (e.g., when you tell-a-friend) or to other targeted representatives through the FACT websites;
- register online for an event;
- participate in 1 of our online petitions or surveys;
- submit feedback to FACT; or
- participate in any activity that requires your Voluntarily Submitted Data.
We may transfer a Long-term Cookie in circumstances in which you are notified prior to the cookie being stored. For example, when you select a “remember” option on the FACT websites, a long-term cookie will be stored on your browser on your computer or device solely for the purpose of automatically filling in the information you have asked to be remembered; for example, automatically filling in your postal address when you write a letter to your representative.
We may use session cookies whenever you visit the FACT websites for our website traffic analytics application and the site’s interactive applications, such as in our online advocacy. Session cookies last only as long as your browser session. They expire when you close your browser and are not permanently stored on your computer or device. We also use session cookies in emails containing the HTML-format.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your personal data with anyone.
How We Use the Data we collect
In addition to the uses described above, we use Automatically Collected Data to identify the source outside the FACT websites of user traffic (for example, yahoo.com) so that we can evaluate what content is persuading web users to become involved in the mission of FACT. We use Automatically Collected Data, including IP addresses and/or session or short-term cookies, that indicates which sections of the FACT websites are most visited so that we can perform website traffic analysis, evaluate the popularity of our different web pages and continue to improve the FACT websites.
We use your Voluntarily Submitted Data for various purposes:
- To fulfill the request for which you specifically provided the data, including sharing the data with its intended recipient (e.g., delivering a petition you sign or a letter you wish to send to the recipient of the petition or letter);
- To analyze actions taken through our website so that we can learn which issues prompt you to become involved in our mission;
- To periodically communicate with you concerning FACT matters, such as delivering to you information and updates on our activities and action alerts, unless you opt-out of receiving such information and updates;
- To confirm your contribution to FACT;
- To confirm your registration to a FACT event;
- To respond to an inquiry or feedback you have made to FACT; and
- To follow up with you with an email specific to an activity you have participated in or intend to participate in.
The FACT websites are hosted by servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, the Voluntarily Submitted Data you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By submitting your Voluntarily Submitted Data, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States and its use in accordance with the purposes for which it was originally collected.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.